Virtualization Management Center (VMC) version 3.16, demonstrated for the first time today at VMworld, includes an all-new reporting interface and a multi-tenant dashboard. StrataCloud is showing the latest release of the management tool for VMware-based environments at VMworld booth #640 in San Francisco this week. VMC 3.16 is built on the latest Java release, Java 8, which includes major security updates.
Other enhancements to the platform include:
- A new, easy-to-use reporting interface that includes more than 100 built-in reports organized by category
- A faster, more efficient reporting engine so administrators can pull detailed information about their environments in seconds
- Significantly reduced runtimes for the most popular default reports
- A multi-tenant dashboard option, which gives administrators the ability to separately view and manage tenants, or user groups, by datacenter
- More options for data socialization, including a new export function that enables the export of individual charts as .png image files
- A set of new objects and properties for VQL, VMC’s proprietary query language, that enable more granular reporting on hosts, management roles and more
VMC 3.16 will be generally available in September.